From the Chiefs Desk
MARION POLICE DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Marion Police Department is to provide the citizens of Marion, Arkansas with a law enforcement system that effectively integrates and utilizes Departmental, Civic, and Community Resources to protect life and property, preserve law and order and enforce State laws and City Ordinances within the framework of the Constitution.
In order to realize these goals, every member of the Marion Police Department must continually direct his/her efforts in the following six areas by:
I. Realizing the employees of our Department, are the most important part of the organization and constantly striving to help them in their performance and development.
2. Recognizing the spirit of the Marion Police Department is one of helping people and providing assistance at every opportunity.
3. Enlightening citizen attitudes toward public safety, and striving to gain community support in the suppression of criminal activity.
4. Developing police leadership throughout the Department in order to effectively utilize allocated resources for maximum productivity.
5. Aggressively responding to criminal activity throughout the City Of Marion in a manner consistent with safeguarding the rights of citizens.
6. Consistently demanding the highest degree of integrity and professionalism from all employees.
Equal Employment Opportunities Statement:
It is the policy of the Marion Police Department that no eligible person shall be denied the right of employment or advancement within the Marion Police Department, nor shall any person be denied admission or access to any of the department's programs or activities offered to the public on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, color, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
The department also recognizes the right of all citizens to take part in and to be provided equal opportunities in all public activities carried on by the Marion Police Department. The City of Marion is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications for employment from any individual, regardless of race or sex.